The virtual Stations of the Cross were prepared to help people walk the way of the cross in Holy Week, at a time when church buildings are closed and gatherings forbidden, because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The images are based on photographs of the Stations in Christ Church, giving a view of details that we seldom see, as the small sculptures are mounted high on the walls.
Two of us work with an organisation that helps refugees and asylum seekers, so to us the way of the cross recalls the terrible journeys made by those fleeing war and persecution, and reflects something of their strength and courage. Some of their stories are told in our brief reflections. All of them are true.
We hope and pray that readers will find something here to help them draw closer to God.
Photography and digital imaging: Adrian Wright
Reflections: Elizabeth Hare
Prayers and web setting: Pat Allen
- Jesus is condemned to death
- Jesus accepts the cross
- Jesus falls for the first time
- Jesus meets his mother
- Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry the cross
- Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
- Jesus falls for the second time
- Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
- Jesus falls for the third time
- Jesus is stripped of his clothes
- Jesus is nailed to the cross
- Jesus dies on the cross
- Jesus is taken down from the cross
- Jesus is laid in the tomb